The knee pads are protective elements whose main mission is to hold and provide protection to the knee. The knees, next to the feet, support all the corporal weight, for that reason, it is essential to take care of them, since it is very easy that they can injure themselves or be seriously affected in any activity.
We have carried out a 20-hour investigation, comparing and analyzing 15 products on the market and we have selected the 5 best cheap knee pads for you.
When you train a sport it is good to have the right accessories to protect the most important body parts. One of the most vulnerable areas that need protection is the knee, which is why many people use knee pads while doing their exercise routines in the gym or playing soccer, basketball, cycling, among other sports. Also, users who suffer from arthritis, sprains, ligament injuries or joint pains also often use this type of product. For this reason, in this article we will recommend some of the most outstanding knee pads, for example, the iAmotus Pink neoprene, that is made with EVA material, for greater comfort of the users, in addition, it has neoprene, a flexible and breathable material, to keep your skin dry. On the other hand, there is the EveShine Pair, which has anti-slip silicone straps inside for a more secure and stable grip. It also offers protection against knee injuries and aids in the recovery of these.
Top 10 Knee Braces
In this complete guide we offer 2 useful sections that will help you to make the best decision:
- 1. The best cheap kneepads of 2019
- 2. What to take into account when buying a knee brace
1. The best cheap kneepads of 2019 – Purchase Guide
If you want to start taking care of your knees, it is important that you do not opt for any knee brace you find and opt for good brands, such as the ones indicated below:
- OMorc: The range of products offered by the OMorc brand is really extensive. Each and every one of its articles has been carefully designed to ensure excellent functionality and get them to fully meet their function. Guaranteed quality.
- Rania: Neither should we rule out the Rania brand, a brand that has been gradually positioning itself in the market of knee pads, among other products, thanks to the very high quality that they provide. This brand is synonymous with high quality.
- CopperJoint: Specialists in the creation of supports for muscles and joints, CopperJoint is a guarantee of satisfaction. Their stockings, socks, knee pads, wrist straps and other products provide the support and support that each body area needs.
2. What to take into account when buying a knee brace?
When you choose a knee brace, before making your final decision you have to take into account the use that you are going to give it, but the aspects to consider do not end there, we must take into account:
- Size: Before making any decision, check that the size you are going to choose is the most appropriate for you. The knee brace must be properly molded, otherwise, it will not fulfill its mission.
- Type of knee: You can find mainly 3 types of kneepads: preventive (as its name suggests, its function is preventive), rigid (its function is to direct movement) and flexible (its function is to stabilize). You have to assess what your need is.
- Breathability: It is convenient that the materials of the knee brace are breathable since in this way you will avoid that it gets drenched with sweat, being uncomfortable and annoying.
- Pressure: Do not press too hard, but do not get too loose. He must be able to exert the adequate pressure so that he fulfills his function, but without causing discomfort during his use.
If you have problems in one or both knees, these cheap knee pads will allow you to relieve the pain and discomfort that you may suffer. Choose your knee and leave aside the problems of knees that so long haunts you.
There are special knee guards to prevent bumps while you play, which usually have a sturdy and padded material, so they protect and cushion the impacts. These models are ideal for people who train skiing, cycling, skating, among other similar sports, since they take care of your knees of unexpected falls.
On the other hand, there are knee pads that are made especially for the recovery of injuries in this area. For example, there are those that help relieve joint pain, sprains or ligament problems. There are also some that serve for rehabilitation after surgery on the knees.
Also, there are other knee pads that are useful for people suffering from tendinitis or arthritis, these are effective in most cases and accelerate the recovery of the user.
To make matters worse, there are models of multifunctional knee pads, which serve to protect against shock when training a sport and relieve the pain of injuries.
Before asking yourself how much a brace costs, you should review this feature, since it depends largely on how comfortable you can feel while using it. For this reason, it is essential to mention the materials with which it could be manufactured.
Some kneepads incorporate breathable material, such as the EVA, which is also flexible and padded. On the other hand, some use neoprene, a material that offers elasticity, so that the knee brace fits perfectly to your measurements.
It should be noted that nylon and latex, as well as silicone, are good quality materials that are also used in this type of products. Most kneepads use Velcro on the straps, which is a material that provides support, so that, apart from being flexible, do not slip while you train a sport with them, which would be somewhat annoying.
In a comparison of knee pads you must take into account this characteristic, therefore, we mention here the most outstanding points in this regard.
Some kneepads are totally closed, that is, they completely cover the area of the knee and its surroundings, but others have holes somewhere to offer greater ventilation, this last helps you not concentrate odors by the sweat of your legs. It should be noted that certain kneepads do not use straps, that is, they have smooth designs, so you simply have to place them without the need for restraints.
These are not less effective than those that do bring straps, because they are also precise and do not slip while you train. Choosing between them is simply a personal decision or maybe it will depend on the objective you are looking for with them.
For example, if you wear the knee brace under your clothes it will be more useful without straps, so nobody will notice that you are wearing it. Also, in terms of design, you will notice that some are more serious or formal, others are sports; This also has to do with your preferences, so you must choose the one that best suits your way of being.
On the other hand, most knee pads come in black, but they can also bring lines or colored prints, so there are several options to choose from. Finally, it is good to know that, regardless of the design you choose, you can find a good and economical one.
When it comes to knee pads, there are manufacturers that sell them in one size, as well as those that sell them in different sizes.
Following the same idea, we must clarify that you can buy one of the best knee pads, but if the size you buy does not fit your size, you would be losing time and money. Therefore, before choosing a model you should make sure of the measurements, to confirm that it is actually suitable for you.