Unlike its early versions, Bluetooth headphones are now more comfortable and versatile and are no longer as expensive as before. However, audio quality tends to decline if you choose the wrong model, so it’s important to know what you’re buying. Here we worry about 2 definitive factors: battery life, and type of use.
We do not opt for the technical details because the truth is that there are those who can not even tell the difference. On the contrary, we make sure there is something for everyone. 99% of the time brands will say that their headphones have “an impressive audio quality”, but there are usually many small letters. Here we focus on the general experience and discuss details about the range or dynamism of each product.
Top 10 Open Back Headphones
What kind of headphones do I buy?
It is not easy to choose the type of wireless headphones. We have the classic headset helmets that are fastened by a bridge over the head, and then the earbuds that are introduced inside the auditory pavilion. Within these variants, there are several options.
- The headset helmets have larger speakers, with a greater resonance box and the cushioning of the sound provided by the pads. You can obtain greater richness and variety of sound.
- The circumaural or over ear completely surround the ear, so they insulate well. They offer good sound but you have the feeling that it comes out of your head. They are the most popular for listening to music and playing video games.
- The supra-aural placed on the ear but do not cover it completely. They tend to be foldable and have less powerful bass, by letting out the sound. Within these models they can be closed, isolated completely, or open, they have a grid through which they let out the sound so that it sounds more natural (although we will bother others).
- The classic headphones are more comfortable and better isolate external noise, but due to their smaller size, they have sound limitations. And you have to be careful not to use them at a very high volume.
- The earbuds or earbuds are the most basic. They are placed in the auditory pavilion but on the outside, so they fall easily.
- The interauricular or in-ear are introduced slightly in the auditory pinna. They isolate more and they do not fall.
- The ear clips are fastened like a clip on the ear. They are designed to play sports.
We will not make definitions in depth because they could merit a whole book, but it is enough that we interpret the following terms:
- Dynamism: The power of sound. In other words, how loud it sounds.
- Range: Sounds are transmitted equal, but there are different frequencies. Their values are linked to their position in the audible spectrum, but it is enough to know that an earphone can play good bass rather than good treble, and vice versa.
Talking about electronic accessories without naming at least one Sony product is very difficult. Its line of wireless headphones is recognized for its quality (and high cost), but we believe that the best balance between accessibility and quality Sony is the WH-1000XM2. Its performance is very close to its successor, the XM3, but its cost is significantly lower.
The headband is very comfortable, and the headphones are not very heavy. The control is very simple and intuitive, without buttons. You only have to use touches and slides to make options such as pause, resume, lower and increase volume. The only problem that the design could present is the size, which may be a bit small for some ears.
The XM2 has an impressive feature section. Our favorite is advanced sound cancellation, which takes into account the size of your head to block almost all external sound ranges.
Using the Sony Headphones Connect configuration application (available on Android and iOS), you can adjust how much ambient sound can be perceived, so you do not lose important information while you are walking or waiting. You will not have to remove your headphones to listen or respond, just place your hand on the case to lower the volume automatically.
In the technical section, we are impressed by the battery charging speed: 10 minutes of charging equals 70 minutes of playback. The headphones last up to 30 hours after a full charge.
These headphones fall into the high category, which is why they are not exactly cheap. However, they are worth the investment and are full of additional functions. For those who want high fidelity audio and convenience, they are a great option.
Conclusion and guide for the buyer
If you want to update your accessories and enjoy the wireless experience, it is best to buy good Bluetooth headphones. They serve both for your smartphone and your computer, and we are in the best moment to obtain them. You do not have to be an audio expert, but you might need a little test to really know what you’d like. With luck, we gave you a few ideas. We hope we have helped you. Follow these tips to improve your purchase:
8 hours or 20 hours?
If you’re going to be out all day and at the same time you want to enjoy music, you definitely need longer battery life. On the contrary, if you only want to listen to music for a while, you really do not need it, and this could lower the cost substantially.
In-ear or over the ear?
The headphones on the ears may seem better at first, but they tend to fatigue the user after one or two hours. The in the ear is comfortable and in some cases, they do not even feel it. They can strain your hearing, but not your head. If you have back problems or get tired easily, we recommend in ear.
Cancellation of sound?
Some people do not want to immerse themselves in music when they are on the train or bus, and while there are products that can pause cancellation, they are much more expensive. If you only want to listen to music on the street and do not mind blocking the environment, it is better not to pay extra for the cancellation.
Wireless headphones are already essential in our daily lives. We compiled the seven best wireless headphones with Bluetooth of 2017. The wired headsets are suitable when listening lying or walking down the street if you’re not doing anything more music. Or if you are looking for the highest audio quality. But if you use them while doing other tasks, they are a nuisance, because they always end up getting in the way or getting stuck somewhere. Did you know that we lose 4 days of life untangling the headphone cable? That’s not to mention the mobiles that no longer bring minijack output.
Many music lovers have resisted using wireless headphones because until recently they offered no sound quality. But thanks to Bluetooth (especially in its most recent versions), that is a thing of the past.