If you want to know which is the best toothpaste, you’re in luck because you’ve come to the right place. On this page, we offer you the best guide to buying the best toothpaste in the entire network. It will be impossible for you not to get your purchase right.
Welcome to our guide on the best toothpaste recommended by dentists in the market!
Correct oral hygiene is fundamental not only to guarantee the perfect state of the teeth but also that of health, in general. Therefore, it is very important that, daily, after meals, wash your teeth with a suitable toothpaste to prevent the accumulation of bacteria in the area and treat some specific dental problems.
In addition, you should also avoid certain foods that can damage and stain your teeth, if you want to maintain a healthy and beautiful smile.
Top 10 Teeth Whitening Toothpastes
Useful tips to keep in mind when buying the best toothpaste
Although buying a good toothpaste may seem very simple, the truth is that, with such variety, you may find it difficult to choose the best option.
Here are some useful tips that will help you choose the best option.
Identify the problem you want to treat
In the first place, what you have to be clear about is the type of problem you need to deal with and, depending on which one, you should choose a toothpaste or another.
These are some of the most frequent:
- Gingivitis: In case you suffer gingivitis (inflammation and bleeding of the gums caused by an accumulation of bacterial plaque), you should choose a toothpaste whose formula contains ingredients with antiseptic properties such as triclosan or chlorhexidine or other natural components such as Catania.
- Sensitivity: If you have sensitive teeth, that is, notes that bother you when you eat or drink very cold or hot things, you should choose a specific toothpaste to combat this sensitivity that covers the pores of the tooth to avoid this uncomfortable pain.
- Spots on teeth: Every day, we drink drinks and foods that can stain and/or yellow our teeth. Coffee, tobacco or wine are some of the most common. Either because of laziness or because he takes us out of the house, we do not always wash our teeth immediately afterward and these drinks adhere to the enamel by dyeing them in an unattractive color. In this case, the use of a whitening toothpaste that is effective is the best way to look healthy and white teeth again. Of course, you should be very sure that it does not contain ingredients that can cause tooth sensitization because it would solve a problem to suffer a worse one. The opinions of other consumers will be fundamental to find the best product.
- Caries: if you want to prevent the appearance of cavities, you should use a toothpaste containing fluoride, an element that helps to remineralize the enamel of the denture, reinforces it and, in addition, removes the plaque to prevent bacteria from perforating the tooth thus creating cavities.
If possible, choose a formula based on natural ingredients
Although it may be difficult, it is better to look for a toothpaste that contains natural ingredients extracted, for example, from plants.
In this way, you will not only make sure to take care of the health of your teeth and gums but also that of your organism when not being in contact with toxic substances.
You have to take into account the size
If you are many at home, it is better to choose a toothpaste that has a family format that contains twice as many products as a normal one.
Recommendations for a correct oral hygiene
Maintaining proper oral hygiene is essential to keep teeth healthy. Here are some tips you should put into practice every day if you want to avoid cavities, tartar or spots, for example.
- Go to the dentist: Although it is quite unpleasant and some people even dread it, you have to go to the dentist on a regular basis (at least once a year) to examine the teeth and check that everything is fine.
- Brushing your teeth correctly: Brushing is an essential step in oral hygiene and doing it well is very important.
Therefore, it is very important that you brush your teeth 3 times a day, after the main meals. Try to brush your teeth 30 minutes after the meal because, just after eating, the pH of the mouth changes and decreases. It is then when the acid attacks the superficial zone of the tooth and, when brushing them, you would be extending this acid to other teeth and parts of the mouth.
- Use a toothpaste with fluoride: If you want to prevent the onset of tooth decay, it is recommended to use a toothpaste with fluoride, a key ingredient when it comes to combating them.
- Never use another person’s brush: Oddly enough, one mistake that is often made is to use the toothbrush of the couple or another person.
The exchange of fluids such as saliva could cause the proliferation of bacteria and, therefore, oral infections. For this reason, always use your own brush and, in addition, remember that it must be replaced every three months.
- Flossing: Flossing is a great ally to achieve a more complete oral hygiene.
It is recommended to use it, it is special, at night because it is not saliva and it is the most appropriate time for the bacterial plaque to act.
- Use a mouthwash product: Mouthwashes are an essential aid when maintaining proper oral hygiene that reinforces the action of brushing and prevents diseases and infections.
Types of toothpaste
Currently, there is a wide variety of toothpaste on the market and, therefore, it is very important to be clear which is the one that best suits your needs.
Here is a list of the main toothpaste:
- Pasta to prevent cavities: If you want to prevent cavities, it is better to use an anti-caries paste containing fluoride, an ingredient that helps fight them.
- Whitening paste: In case you have spots on the teeth, it is better to resort to a toothpaste whose formula contains bleaching ingredients (silica, aluminum oxide, calcium carbonate, calcium phosphates or sodium bicarbonate) to help eliminate the stains of the teeth, thus restoring their initial color.
- Paste for sensitive teeth: If you suffer from a problem of tooth sensitivity, it is convenient that you use a toothpaste based on potassium nitrate, potassium citrate or strontium chloride to create a barrier that helps block the ingredients that irritate the teeth.
- Toothpaste for the gums: Today, there is toothpaste specially indicated to treat inflammation of the gums (gingivitis) that provide an anti-inflammatory and bactericidal action. Its formula usually contains chlorhexidine, triclosan or hexetidine.
Once analyzed the main types of toothpaste, below, we show you a selection with the best toothpaste recommended by dentists.